WORLD DESIGN TALKS
Morocco, a forward-looking country that has made the choice of modernity
- The African design and design community is increasingly contributing to the development of African culture (education, crafts, tourism, image and international attraction)
- Morocco has joined the African Union, in view of its prominent position towards West and North Africa, complementing other French-speaking countries in Africa and its openness to Africa East Africa
- Remarkable Moroccan initiatives deserve support, whether in terms of sustainable development (COP 22 2016, Marrakech), mobility (huge African air hub), international opening (Atlantic and others), Leadership in Africa with the vision of South-South cooperation Initiated by His Majesty King Mohammed VI, King of Morocco
- Africa will be honored in 2017 in Morocco in Rabat, and in Europe and more particularly in France in Paris
- Policy-makers, territories and enterprises are increasingly sensitive to innovation in the service of tomorrow's employment
Rabat, the capital of the Kingdom of Morocco
- Capital of the Kingdom of Morocco, Rabat is an emblematic, welcoming and majestic city that has preserved rich historical and cultural patrimonies, witnesses of civilizations and dynasties that succeeded one another.
- A coastal city, capital of Morocco since 1912, Rabat has just over one million inhabitants. Modern city, it has many fascinating historical sites to visit, including the superb Kasbah of Oudaïas, built in the middle of the 12th century. The unique Hassan Tower, built at the end of the 12th century, was supposed to house the largest minaret in the world but was never completed. Right in front of the tower is another of the main tourist sites of the city, the mausoleum of Mohammed V, built in the 20th century.
- At the beginning of the Protectorate, Rabat became a real urban laboratory. A new town is designed by a team of architects, town planners and landscapers (Prost, Ecochard and Forestier) that sets the stage for a new urbanism. This has earned Rabat a city center with high-quality urban and landscape facilities.
- A pleasant climate all year round, a privileged location on the Atlantic coast, a rich and exceptional history, makes Rabat-Salé a tourist destination of first importance. Its coastline unfolds nearly 60 kilometers of coast where rocky coves or sandy beaches alternate and its hinterland offers an ecological diversity ideal for hiking.
Location of the event : The View Hotel